Moms brisketFrom borinda 10 years ago
How to make it
- Cut a very long sheet of heavy duty foil and let it drape both ends over the side of a roasting pa.
- Place the brisket on the foil and pout the other ingredients over it.
- Roll the foil to create an envelope, I roll each seam twice to avoid leaks.
- Place this in a 350 oven and roast for three hours.
- Let sit a few minutes after cooking and then slice the meat against the grain.
- Transfer the meat to another container and pour the cooking juices over it -- try to fan the slices and get the liquid to reach all of the meat.
- I reheat this in a pan on top of the stove after removing the congealed fat. Simmer, and add a bit of extra water if needed.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating5 people
Yes, essentially once the meat is chilled all of the fat congeals into an orange layer and I just scoop it off and into my food recyle can. That is one of the reasons to prepare ahead so it's not a fatty liquid and meal.borinda in SoCal loved it
Bobbie - exponentially, I cannot fathom how many people I've shared this recipe with both over the years when I've prepared it for friends, the people they've shared it with, and now via this website. If this brought a fond smile then the day is off...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
If "Mom" made it.. it has to be good!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!