Oatmeal Pancakes with Butter Milk SyrupFrom 22566 8 years ago
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 Cup old fashioned oats shopping list
- 1/4 Cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/4 Cup dry milk Powder shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 Cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 Cup oil shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Mix dry ingredients,for the pancakes.
- In another bowl,beat eggs,buttermilk and oil,mixing well.
- Stir into dry ingredients,just until blended.
- Pour about 1/4 cup for each pancake onto hot ,greased griddle,cook.
- For syrup:
- Combine sugar,butter and corn syrup in a saucepan,bring to boil and boil,stirring for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in buttermilk and vanilla,let stand about 5 minutes,stir and serve with pancakes(or) if any is left after breakfast,this syrup is good on crisp ,buttered toast.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating8 people
Great recipe!! The added wheat germ sure gives it a plus in nutrition. FIVER! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
I can't have wheat , so I will substitue it with splet flour. I like this recipe. Thanks. :)fluffy24 in Cranston loved it
This pancake looks so wholesome and tasty!mellybelly in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!