magical mac and cheese souffleFrom precursor 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup macaroni noodles shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 6oz American cheese (i used 9 kraft singles - worked great) shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter (or margarine) shopping list
- 3 eggs separated shopping list
- 1 cup diced bread (about 2 slices cubed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp parsley (pretty much for color) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- as usual - make sure everything is clean. knives and forks and spoons and sporks. whatever you need.
- boil enough water to cook the macaroni noodles.
- when the noodles are cooked thoroughly, drain them well.
- combine milk and butter in a large saucepan.
- tear up the slices of american cheese and dump all that in with the milk and cheese.
- using a mixer, beat the egg yolks to death.
- when the milk cheese butter mixture is all melted and mixed together, take about 1/3 cup and dump it in with the egg yolks.
- whip them well.
- dump the egg milk butter cheese mess in with the milk butter cheese mess and stir until blended.
- dump in the onion.
- dump in the red peppers.
- dump in the cubed bread (hope you cubed it small).
- add the parsley.
- put the egg whites and the cream of tartar into a clean mixing bowl (don't use the same one that had the egg cheese milk butter mix in it - i don't need to tell you that, do i?) and beat them on high until stiff peaks form.
- fold the egg whites into the other.
- pour the whole mess into a 2 quart baking dish (ungreased this time - I SAID UNGREASED!)
- bake your creation in the oven at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the top is puffed up and golden brown.
- serve immediately to the delight of your family, or watch in horror as the whole thing collapses on itself because you waited too long to have dinner.
The Cookprecursor Chesterfield, Mo
The Rating4 people
This sounds wonderful..thank you and a hih 5!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Love it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
High 5 from me, this looks delicious!ozsmom in Nepean loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!