CARAMEL ALMOND COCONUT CAKEFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 yellow cake mix with pudding shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- 1 ½ cups coconut, divided shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup (3 oz.) sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 cup Toll House swirled morsels, milk choc. & caramel shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 13 by 9 pan.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a large mixer bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in ½ cup coconut. Spoon into prepared baking pan. Bake for 28 - 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare topping. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in caramel topping and cream. Stir in almonds and remaining coconut. Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a full boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until thick but still of spreading consistency, stirring constantly. Carefully spread mixture over cake just as it comes out of the oven. Sprinkle morsels over cake while still hot out of the oven. Cool completely.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
As usual, a superb recipe, Henrie! Happy Birthday to Bobby! May he have many, many more! God bless!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Henrie, I am at work and I just happened to see your recipe - hmmmmmmm - this would make my day!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
What a combination!! Great one Henrie...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it