Spicy Vegetarian Black Beans and RiceFrom falafel_fanatic 8 years ago
- 1 pkg. dry black beans shopping list
- 1 Jar of salsa shopping list
- 2 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 10 grape tomatoes, chopped, plus extra shopping list
- Chopped green onions shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- hot sauce shopping list
- *Vegetarian sausage or chorizo (Optional) shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Sort beans.
- Soak beans overnight in water at least 2-inches above beans.
- Drain into a colander and rinse.
- In a slow cooker combine beans, 6 cups fresh water, and all ingredients except the extra tomatoes, green onions, cheese, hot sauce and rice.
- Cook on high heat setting for 6-8 hours or until beans are tender, adding more water, if necessary.
- On a plate, add rice, spoon the bean mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with extra tomatoes, cheese, green onions and hot sauce. Have vegetarian sausage or chorizo on the side with a slice cornbread, if desired.