Squirrel StewFrom frodo 6 years ago
- Lousisiana cajon squirrel stew shopping list
- 4 squirrels cut in to peices shopping list
- creole seasonings tony chachere's shopping list
- 1 stick margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbl. worchester sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup burgandy wine for the stew 1 cup for the cook. 2 cups shopping list
- 1 tbl all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 4 oz can mushrooms shopping list
- 4 fresh mushrooms whole shopping list
- 1 tbl. green onion tops chopped 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1 tbl. chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each squirrel into 8 peices, season with creole seasons
- melt margarine in a dutch oven and fry squirrels until browned all over add onions,bell pepper and garlic and cook 5 minutes
- when veggies are soft, add a small amount of water and a tbl of worchester sauce and cover the pot.
- let simmer about 1 hour.
- stir well and add 1/2 cup wine. drink another cup
- cook until squirrels are tender
- remove the squirrel meat, set aside
- add flour mixed with liquid from the can of mushrooms.
- add a mixture of one tbl chopped onion tops, parsley,and the mushrooms.
- cook for 5 minutes and stir until slightly thickened.
- pour over squirrels. serve over steamed rice.
- yields 8 servings
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookfrodo Meadville, MS
The Rating8 people
It ain’t my Maw in laws squirrel stew. I have never had squirrel, I have had chip munk which are kind of a squirrel with racing stripes.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Oh bout time for hubby to go squirrel hunting, bookmarking this for 1st batch he brings home.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
You are too much ;) I can't put my mind or my lips around squirrel meat but I could use your suggestion of chicken or lamb. The ingredients are excellent, minus the squirrel LOL You deserve a high 5 for your unique recipe!
Okay, I've got to ask....moremishi in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!