EASY FRIED OYSTERSFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 3/4 c yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning or Texas Dust. shopping list
- 24 oz Select oysters; drained shopping list
- canola oil for deep frying shopping list
- fresh parsley sprigs shopping list
- lemon or lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cornmeal, flour, seasonings and salt
- Dredge oysters in cornmeal mixture.
- Fry oysters at 375 degrees until oysters float to the top and are golden brown; drain well on a paper bag or paper towel.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Yeild: 2 dozen.
- Texas Dust is a seasoning that is made here in the Valley, a mix of chile powder, cumin and other seasonings. If you are intrested I can post the web site.