Russian Mushroom And Potato SoupFrom lasaf 5 years ago
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 2 leeks cleaned and chopped shopping list
- 2 large carrots , sliced shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 tsps. dried dill weed shopping list
- 2 tsps. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 cup AP flour shopping list
- fresh dill weed for garnish(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 3 tablesppons butter ina large saucepan over medium heat. MIx in leeks and carrots, cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in broth. Season with dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Mix in potaos, cover and cook 20 minutes, or until potatos are tender but firm. Remove and disgard the bay leaf.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir into the soup.
- In a small bowl, mix the half and half andflour until smooth. Stir into the soup to thicken.
- Garnish with dill and serve.