Strawberry Pina Colada PieFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 1 pkg(10oz.) frozen strawberries in syrup,thawed shopping list
- 1 pkg(3oz) pineapple gelatin mix shopping list
- 1/2c boiling water shopping list
- 1c coconut sorbet,softened shopping list
- 10 drops red food coloring shopping list
- 1 cont.(16 oz)frozen whipped topping,thawed shopping list
- 1 pkg(6 oz) prepared shortbread pie crust shopping list
- 4 large strawberries,halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1Tbs shreaded coconut,toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Using slotted spoon,remove 1/2c frozen strawberries from syrup;chop. Reserve. In blender,puree remaining frozen berries with syrup till smooth.
- In a medium bowl,whisk together gelatin mix and boiling water until dissolved. Whisk in sorbet,pureed strawberries and coloring. Chill till just thickened,about 20 mins.
- Whisk in 3c whipped topping. Stir in reserved chopped strawberries. Spread evenly in crust. Cover with plastic wrap;refrigerate until set,at least 4 hours, Remove wrap. Spread remaining topping over pie. Top with strawberry halves and coconut.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds fantastic. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds really delicious Leclare...Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it