Strawberry Pina Colada PieFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 pkg(10oz.) frozen strawberries in syrup,thawed shopping list
- 1 pkg(3oz) pineapple gelatin mix shopping list
- 1/2c boiling water shopping list
- 1c coconut sorbet,softened shopping list
- 10 drops red food coloring shopping list
- 1 cont.(16 oz)frozen whipped topping,thawed shopping list
- 1 pkg(6 oz) prepared shortbread pie crust shopping list
- 4 large strawberries,halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1Tbs shreaded coconut,toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Using slotted spoon,remove 1/2c frozen strawberries from syrup;chop. Reserve. In blender,puree remaining frozen berries with syrup till smooth.
- In a medium bowl,whisk together gelatin mix and boiling water until dissolved. Whisk in sorbet,pureed strawberries and coloring. Chill till just thickened,about 20 mins.
- Whisk in 3c whipped topping. Stir in reserved chopped strawberries. Spread evenly in crust. Cover with plastic wrap;refrigerate until set,at least 4 hours, Remove wrap. Spread remaining topping over pie. Top with strawberry halves and coconut.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Sounds really delicious Leclare...Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This sounds fantastic. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it