Cajun Chicken and ShrimpFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 2 each chicken drumsticks and thighs (11/4 lb), skin removed, if desired shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 large pepper, cut in thin strips shopping list
- 4 oz andouille or other smoked sausage, sliced 1/4 in. thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked rice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each cajun seasoning, dried thyme, salt shopping list
- 8 oz raw large peeled shrimp shopping list
- 1 cup frozen cut okra shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 5 minutes until browned.
- Add onion, pepper, sausage and celery; saute 3 minutes until sausage is browned. Stir in water, rice and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer15 minutes until chicken and rice are almost tender. Stir in shrimp and okra; cover and, stirring once or twice, cook 5 minutes until chicken and shrimp are cooked through and rice and okra are tender.