New Orlean Shrimp n GritsFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- Creamy grits shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup grits shopping list
- shrimp shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cubanelle or green frying pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 lb peeled large shrimp shopping list
- 3/4 tsp each low-sodium Old Bay Seasoning (McCormick) and cajun seasoning shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Bring milk, water, garlic and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in grits, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute red and green peppers, the onion and garlic 5 minutes. Add shrimp and Old Bay and Cajun seasonings; cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook until shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Remove grits from heat; stir in cheese. Serve shrimp and vegetables over grits.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating8 people
I love Shrimp the grits will be different but I like the recipe so ..."FIVE FORKS"greentreefrogs in loved it
Haven't been to New Orleans since last year; this looks so good. A 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!