Calabrese or Broccoli and Cheese SoupFrom lura 6 years ago
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli (I use freshly steamed & chopped) shopping list
- 1 med. carrot, grated shopping list
- 2-3 Tbl butter shopping list
- 3 Tbl flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (I use about 9/10 of a lb.) shopping list
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 Tbl minced onion shopping list
- 1 Tbl worcestershire sauce shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- nutmeg (2 shakes) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat water and bouillon cube to boiling.
- Add broccoli and carrot. Cooking 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat, do not drain.
- In separate saucepan, melt butter, slowly stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, cook until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, soup, onion, sauce, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add broccoli/carrot mixture, heat and serve.
The Cooklura Welcome To, KS
The Rating5 people
Sounds perfect, thanks for posting! One of my very favorite soups....=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
SOUNDS COMFORTING I COULD USE A BOWL FOR LUNCH PLEASE WAIT FOR ME .. ILL BE OVER AT 12 NOON.. ILL BRING THE DESSERT.........HAHHAAHAminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
had the dessert for ya a fabulous butterfinger cheesecake ........so now wheres the soup????? yes if i was closer we could share some great dished for lunch thanks ..............lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!