chocolate cinnamon flan cakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- For the caramel sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar. shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter. shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream. shopping list
- 3 tbsp hazelnuts shopping list
- For the flan: shopping list
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk (410grams). shopping list
- 1 can evaporate milk (200 grams) shopping list
- 11/4 cups heavy cream. shopping list
- 5 eggs. shopping list
- 1 ½ oz cream cheese cold shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- For the cake: shopping list
- 1 box vanilla cake mix. shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- 1 oz white chocolate , melted shopping list
- 1 oz plain chocolate, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the sugar over medium heat till it all dissolve and turn golden color, add the butter in small pieces stirring with a wooden spoon, add the cream in a steady stream so slowly while stirring. Pour the caramel in the pan and keep aside till cooled. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- In a mixer, combine all the flan ingredients and keep aside.
- Make the cake batter by following the instructions on the box.
- Pour the cake batter over the caramel sauce in the pan. Using a large spoon, add the flan mixture so slowly on top. Put the pan in a bigger tin and add boiling water to the tin till it comes 2cm of the pan base. Bake for 75minutes till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and flip in a glass dish. Serve warm or cold. Can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- When cooled, decorate with hazelnuts, white and plain chocolate.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
Wonderful and delicious FLAN..Thank you Ahmed..
I have never made one..and it is past time.
Lovely..many thanks.. a blessed weekend my friend!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Wonderful!!! And thank you for the photos Ahmed. You make it look so easy. -Leilajrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
Ahmed, you took my breath away with this one!!!!
5555555555!!!!!!!!!!magali777 in Mexico loved it