All Bran RusksFrom leonora5 6 years ago
- 500g butter shopping list
- 1¾ cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 kg self-raising flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt shopping list
- 6 cups (240g) Kellogg’s All-Bran wheat flakes shopping list
- 1 cup (250ml) raisins or sultanas shopping list
- 1 cup (250ml) sunflower seeds shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup (100g) uncooked oats shopping list
- ½ cup (100 gram) chopped pecan nuts or chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC (350 ºF).
- Grease three loaf tins.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down.
- Beat eggs, sugar and the buttermilk into the cooled, melted butter.
- Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the All-Bran, raisins, sunflower seeds, uncooked oats and pecan nuts.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Divide into three loaf pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes in an oven of 200°C. Reduce the heat to 180°C for another 25 minutes or more, until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before turning the tin out and let it cool down.
- Slice into fingers.
- Allow to dry overnight in the oven warmer draw or switch the oven to 100ºC and leave for 4 - 6 hours to dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookleonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
The Rating5 people
We eat these a lot in Greece..they are very good and healthy, too.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
mmm. really delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
I think Mike will LOVE these! Thanks! Great recipe!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!