Dirty Rice With GizzardsFrom blombo 7 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 2 chicken gizzards, rinsed shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 chicken livers, rinsed and trimmed shopping list
- 2 chicken hearts shopping list
How to make it
- Pulse gizzards and hearts in food processor, then pulse livers.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Saute onion and gizzards over medium heat, stirring constantly, until meat begins to brown (about 5 minutes). Add livers and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until brown (about 3 minutes).
- Add rice and stir until coated with oil. Add broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid. Sprinkle with green onion and serve.