Beef Barley and Mushroom SoupFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 12 oz lean beef chuck for stew shopping list
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion shopping list
- 12 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed; caps cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 1 large white turnip (about 7 oz), peeled and diced (11/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 large carrots, quartered lengthwise and diced shopping list
- 1 cup barley (not quick cooking) shopping list
- 2 large shallots, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh dill shopping list
- Good with: sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients except dill in a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in dill, ladle into soup bowls and top with dollops of sour cream, if desired.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
Good stick to your ribs soup!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
tastey love the ingredients thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
SUPERB recipe!! HIGH FIVER! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!