Classic Fish And ChipsFrom jrt_mom 6 years ago
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into strips shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer (or Sprite) shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or tilapia fillets shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a medium-size bowl of cold water for 1 minute then put in a strainer lined with cold towel. I like to keep things dry if I’m deep-frying.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in the milk, beer (or sprite) and egg; until mixture is smooth. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350F.
- Fry potatoes in hot oil until tender. Drain on paper towels.
- Dredge fish in batter, one piece at a time and immerse in hot oil. When batter is set, turn fish over and fry until golden brown.
- Note: Maintain the 350F temperature.
- Drain well on paper towels or on roasting rack.
- Fry potatoes again for 1-2 minutes for added crispness.
- Serve with malt vinegar or tartar sauce (recipe on my page). Enjoy!
The Cookjrt_mom Metro Manila, PH
The Rating7 people
Gotta have something to go with that yummy tartar sauce!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yum, love beer batter, it's so light and yummie, great post, another 5 heading your way.henrie in Savannah loved it
i have been waiting for this recipe to pop up
5 forks and 3 spoons for this onefrodo in meadville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!