STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTINGFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- strawberry sauce for cupcakes: shopping list
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, cut in half and stem removed shopping list
- sugar to taste shopping list
- cupcakes: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup strawberry sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- frosting: shopping list
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin, sprinkled into 4 tsp cold water left to sit for a few minutes, then heated until dissolved. shopping list
- 1 container lowfat strawberry yogurt shopping list
- same amount of heavy whipping cream shopping list
- a tablespoonful or so of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Strawberry sauce for cupcakes:Macerate strawberries with about 1-2 tbs sugar for 15 minutes. Put strawberries in a small saucepan and heat under medium heat with lid on. Cook strawberries for approximately 15 minutes till strawberries cook down and become soft and saucy. Adjust sweetness with sugar until you get the desired sweetness. Using a hand blender, puree until you get the desired smoothness or chunkiness. Cool before using in recipe.
- Cupcakes:Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Measure out milk and strawberry sauce together. Add about a fourth of the flour to the butter/sugar mixture and beat to combine. Add about one third the milk/strawberry sauce mixture and beat until combined. Repeat above, alternating flour and milk and ending with the flour mixture. Scoop into cupcake papers about half to three-quarters full (depending on whether you want flat or domed cupcakes). Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350F until a cake tester comes out clean.
- whip these ingredients together until thickened but not stiff with an electric mixer. put the mixer on 'high' then slowly drizzle the melted gelatin into the yogurt mix until well incorporated.
- transfer into one of those ziplock type storage bags and refrigerate. it will set in about ten minutes. cut a small corner off of one end of the bag and squeeze the whipped yogurt onto the top of a cooled cupcake.