Baked Stuffed ApplesFrom texyjay 5 years ago
- 6 medium Mcintosh apples shopping list
- 2 lemon wedges shopping list
- 6 . butter shopping list
- 1 c. dk. brown sugar (I reduce this by 1/2) shopping list
- 1/4 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 c. walnut pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 c. oatmeal shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425
- Trim thin slice off bottom of each apple & cut tops off hollowing out apples with small paring knife and carving out a cavity for filling.
- Rub tops and cavities with wedges of lemon to retard browning.
- Combine butter, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, nuts, flour & oatmeal in bowl ~ mixture should be crumbly ~
- Pack mixture into apples & place in shallow baking dish adding 1/4" water to dish.
- Bake at 17 to 20 minutes, until filling bubbles and apples are tender but not soft.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- A nice addition would be cinnamon whipped cream w/rum or vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream!
The Cooktexyjay Hollywood, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!