TINKS COCONUT CREAM PIEFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 3 -egg yolks shopping list
- 3 -cups of milk shopping list
- 2/3 -cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1 -tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 5 -tablespoons of cornstarch shopping list
- 1-1 /2 - teaspoons of vanilla shopping list
- 2 -tablespoons of coconut rum shopping list
- 1 -cup of fresh shredded coconut shopping list
- 2 -tablespoons of toasted coconut shopping list
- -whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine, the cornstarch, with
- the sugar, milk and salt to taste.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly till the mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil for about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir 1/2 of the hot mixture into the slightly beaten
- yolks and blend into the remaining mixture
- in the saucepan.
- Next boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat then add butter, vanilla,
- coconut rum and shredded coconut
- Pour into the baked pie shell and chill.
- Now top with the whipped cream then sprinkle
- with toasted coconut.
- May also be made with graham cracker crust.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating7 people
yummy.....turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Now that is simply amazing !!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This sounds yummy! I love coconut cream pie! mmm that coconut rum could mean I would have to limit myself to only one piece lol...(ya know like 1 drink).... Thanks.lura in Welcome To loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!