Cheddar Crust Apple PieFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 3/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1/8 t. salt shopping list
- 4 oz. shredded extra sharp cheddar (1 c.) shopping list
- 1/2 c. Crisco shopping list
- 6-7 T. cold tap water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 3 T. flour shopping list
- 1 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 t. numeg shopping list
- 2 t. apricot brandy shopping list
- 2 T. butter in pieces shopping list
- 3 lbs. Granny Smith spplies (2 1/2 c.) peeled & sliced (I use Jonathan apples) shopping list
How to make it
- Make crust: divide in half, roll out and place in 10" pie plate. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Filling: mix sugar, flour, cinnamon & nutmeg in large bowl. Sprinkle in brandy and cut in butter until coarse crumbs. Add apples and toss. Spread in crust, mounding in center. Roll out and add top crust and pierce with fork or knife to make vents. Bake at 400 for 50-55 minutes.
- If desered, brush crust with 1 T. honey mixed with 1 t. wter and sprinkle with sugar halfway through baking time.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating3 people
Yum! My husband used to top his pie with cheese and stick it back in the oven and have it melt over the top.....then he'd add vanilla ice cream! I can't wait to try this one. Thanks!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Just love this, what a great recipe, using cheddar in the crust. Can't wait to try. Thank you, Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
That's a new one for me..never saw this before. Lokks great.Thanks.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it