Chocolate Cherry CakeFrom jena 9 years ago
- 1 3/4 c flour shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c strong black coffee shopping list
- 1 c buttermilk or sour milk by adding 1 tbls vinegar to 1 c milk shopping list
- 1/2 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- For the Cherry topping: shopping list
- 1 22 oz can of cherry pie filling (approx. 2 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 tbls sugar shopping list
- 2 tbls cherry Kirscher liquor shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl
- Add ingredients 7 - 12 while stirring
- Batter will be thin
- Add batter to two greased round floured cake pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cakes cool.
- To make the cherry filling, combine the pie filling, sugar, and liquor in a bowl.
- When the cakes are cool, take them out of pans.
- Cut the top off of one cake so it has a flat top to stack easier.
- put cherry filling and a ring of whipped cream between the cakes so that the stick together.
- Put the cherry filling in the center of the top of the cake and ring with whipped cream.
- Spread whipped cream on the sides of the cake.
The Cookjena MN
- Not added to any groups yet!