Grandmas Apple Pie JamFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 pound tart green apples, such as Granny Smith shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1.75-ounce box powdered pectin shopping list
How to make it
- Wash 5 or 6 half-pint jars and fill with hot water until needed. Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- Measure sugars into a medium bowl and set aside. Peel, core and finely chop enough apples to measure 2 cups. Place in large saucepan with water, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in pectin.
- Place pan over high heat and stir until it comes to a full boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and immediately stir in sugars.
- Return to full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam from surface and stir jam for about 5 minutes to prevent fruit from floating.
- Ladle hot jam into 1 hot jar at a time, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Wipe jar rim with a clean, damp cloth. Attach lid. Fill and close remaining jars. Process in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (15 minutes at 1,000 to 6,000 feet; 20 minutes above 6,000 feet).
- Makes 5 to 6 half-pints
People Who Like This Dish 10
- phwriter11 MNL, Stockholm
- Schmoemomma Nowhere, Us
- Tusharika New Delhi, India
- Suzy5218 Portland, OR
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- cher3231 Denham Springs, LA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
Good old-fashioned home-made jams and jellies ---- yummmmmmmmmm!!!! Fiver to ya :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Oh peeta bought some of this from amish country store before i moved it is so good tastes like an apple pie filling but jam....... love it high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow - sounds really good and easy too. I can't wait to try this. Thanks Peetajett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!