Curry Chicken KapitanFrom daryllau 8 years ago
- Main Ingredients shopping list
- 1.5kg chicken shopping list
- 4 tbsp oil shopping list
- 2 onions sliced/diced shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- Ground Ingredients shopping list
- 15 red chillies shopping list
- 15 shallots/small onions shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2cm piece turmeric root or about shopping list
- 1heaped tsp of turmeric powder shopping list
- 10 buah keras/candlenuts shopping list
- 1tbsp(5cmx2.5cm piece) belacan/dried shrimp paste shopping list
- 4 stalks lemon grass shopping list
- 1 grated whole coconut + water to make 1cup thick milk & 3cups thin milk or shopping list
- 2tins coconut milk shopping list
- juice of 1 or 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut chicken down to bite size pieces or quarters.
- 2. Heat oil in wok or pot & lightly add sliced onions with salt.
- 3. Add ground ingredients & fry till fragrant.
- 4. While stirring, add a little coconut milk to make a paste & prevent the spices from burning.
- 5. Add in chicken & fry for a few minutes stirring & coating chicken pieces
- 6. Pour in thin coconut milk & cook over low heat for about 30mins or until chicken is tender.
- 7. Add in thick coconut milk before serving & once it comes back to the boil.
- 8. Remove from heat & pour in lime juice
- 9. Serve with rice or roti jala or toasted bread..
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookdaryllau Seri Kembangan, MY
The Rating5 people
sure... will do sir.
I rarely post any more recipes here but you can view all the latest on my blog if you like.
LOL... I hope your kitchen is prepared for the assault of herbs and spices. :)
Thanks for the add psy... hope you enjoy making it!