Curry Chicken KapitanFrom daryllau 8 years ago
- Main Ingredients shopping list
- 1.5kg chicken shopping list
- 4 tbsp oil shopping list
- 2 onions sliced/diced shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- Ground Ingredients shopping list
- 15 red chillies shopping list
- 15 shallots/small onions shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2cm piece turmeric root or about shopping list
- 1heaped tsp of turmeric powder shopping list
- 10 buah keras/candlenuts shopping list
- 1tbsp(5cmx2.5cm piece) belacan/dried shrimp paste shopping list
- 4 stalks lemon grass shopping list
- 1 grated whole coconut + water to make 1cup thick milk & 3cups thin milk or shopping list
- 2tins coconut milk shopping list
- juice of 1 or 2 limes shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut chicken down to bite size pieces or quarters.
- 2. Heat oil in wok or pot & lightly add sliced onions with salt.
- 3. Add ground ingredients & fry till fragrant.
- 4. While stirring, add a little coconut milk to make a paste & prevent the spices from burning.
- 5. Add in chicken & fry for a few minutes stirring & coating chicken pieces
- 6. Pour in thin coconut milk & cook over low heat for about 30mins or until chicken is tender.
- 7. Add in thick coconut milk before serving & once it comes back to the boil.
- 8. Remove from heat & pour in lime juice
- 9. Serve with rice or roti jala or toasted bread..
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookdaryllau Seri Kembangan, MY
The Rating5 people
I'm making this tonight Daryllau! I'll let you know how it goes. This is a *very* interesting recipe.
Thanks.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
sure... will do sir.
I rarely post any more recipes here but you can view all the latest on my blog if you like.daryllau in Seri Kembangan loved it
LOL... I hope your kitchen is prepared for the assault of herbs and spices. :)daryllau in Seri Kembangan loved it