Japanese Soba Noodles In Shitake BrothFrom softgrey 8 years ago
- Dried Shitake mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups warm water shopping list
- 1 TBSP soy sauce shopping list
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 TBSP sugar shopping list
- 1 TBSP dashi powder shopping list
- 1 TSP mirin shopping list
- soba noodles shopping list
- 4 green onions chopped shopping list
- toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- sliced nori (seaweed) - optional shopping list
How to make it
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and reserve liquid.
- Cut off stems and slice mushrooms.
- Strain liquid and heat in a medium sized sauce pan with mushrooms and next 5 ingredients.
- Cook soba noodles in salted water until al dente - about 8 minutes (maybe less).
- Divide broth into two large bowls.
- Add cooked soba noodles to each bowl.
- Top with green onions, sesame seeds and seaweed if you are using this.
- *you can also add other cooked veggies like bok choy or matchstick carrots, etc.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksoftgrey New York
The Rating3 people
Nothing like Soba on a hot summer night! Thanks!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
How delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love soups like this! And I like how you used the mushroom liquid as the soup base. Great pic too! Thanks for sharing :) Bookmarked + ^5
Lorilori4flavor in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!