Japanese Soba Noodles In Shitake BrothFrom softgrey 5 years ago
- Dried Shitake mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups warm water shopping list
- 1 TBSP soy sauce shopping list
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 TBSP sugar shopping list
- 1 TBSP dashi powder shopping list
- 1 TSP mirin shopping list
- soba noodles shopping list
- 4 green onions chopped shopping list
- toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- sliced nori (seaweed) - optional shopping list
How to make it
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and reserve liquid.
- Cut off stems and slice mushrooms.
- Strain liquid and heat in a medium sized sauce pan with mushrooms and next 5 ingredients.
- Cook soba noodles in salted water until al dente - about 8 minutes (maybe less).
- Divide broth into two large bowls.
- Add cooked soba noodles to each bowl.
- Top with green onions, sesame seeds and seaweed if you are using this.
- *you can also add other cooked veggies like bok choy or matchstick carrots, etc.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooksoftgrey New York
The Rating3 people
I love soups like this! And I like how you used the mushroom liquid as the soup base. Great pic too! Thanks for sharing :) Bookmarked + ^5
Lorilori4flavor in Chicago loved it
How delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Nothing like Soba on a hot summer night! Thanks!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!