Summer Fruit Salad With Port And Mint DressingFrom gourmetana 6 years ago
- 1 avocado shopping list
- 1 pinapple shopping list
- 1 mango shopping list
- 2 cups sliced strawberries shopping list
- 2 bananas shopping list
- 4 plums shopping list
- 2 cups port wine shopping list
- 4 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 pinch cardamom shopping list
- 1 pinch cinnamon shopping list
- 1 whole jamaica pepper shopping list
- 6 fresh mint leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the dressing in advance so it has time to cool off.
- Put the Port, sugar, spices and mint leaves into a pan and let it cook for 10 minutes, until the sugar dissapears. Get ride of the jamaica pepper and mint leaves and reserve the dressing aside.
- Prepare the fruits and cut it into bite pieces.
- Mix the fruits together into a large serving bowl, pour over the dressing and give it a gently stir.
- Put the salad in the frigde until you serve it.
- To a stronger dressing flavour you can add the mint leaves and pepper to the Port the day before you prepare this salad.
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating4 people
Porto sangria!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
What a variety of flavors, and combined together they are magnificent. The port and mint really brings this all together perfectly. Thank you.lanceoferin in Blackshear loved it
Sounds great Ana! I have actually had a fruit salad made with Port before. A Portuguese relative served it at a party and it was delicious!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!