Sweet And Spicy Pan-fried PumpkinFrom mysterix 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and cube fresh, raw pumpkin and place in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap, or moist tea towel and steam until just tender (1-2 minutes)
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick or oil spray and warm over medium heat.
- Place steamed pumpkin cubes in an even layer across the bottom of the skillet and allow to pan-fry until lightly browned on the underside.
- Flip cubes over and scatter sweet chili sauce overtop, genty pushing around the cubes until decently coated.
- Continue to fry until underside is browned.
- Serve hot!
- Note: A few folks have asked about Sweet Chili Sauce--It's a sugary/spicy red chili sauce from Thailand. You can find it most American/Canadian stores in the Asian aisle under the brand names "Thai Kitchen" or "Taste of Thai." Aussies and Brits should be familiar with this sauce.
- Nutrition: 60 Cals; Fat Free; 412mg Sodium; 13.5g Carbs; .6g Dietary Fiber; 7.6g Sugars; 1.2g Protein; 171% Vitamin A; 2% Calcium; 17% Vitamin C; 5% Iron
The Cookmysterix Adelaide, Australia - Not USA Anymore!, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!