My Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake CrustFrom annieamie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by either spraying it with a non-stick spray or using a circle of parchement paper OR line the bottom of the pan with "release" aluminum foil.
- Pour your cake mix batter into the bottom of the pan, about 1 inch high.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until the cake is firm.
- Let this cool before pouring your cheesecake mixture on top and bake according to your cheesecake directions.
- ** OR use with an uncooked/no-bake cheesecake mix OR layer different pudding mixes with layers of whipped cream or even fruit for a new and exciting dessert!
- You can use your favorite brownie mix, too. Try making individual cheesecakes in your muffin tins for a special dessert. I've added my favorite and SIMPLE recipe for a No-Bake Cheesecake mix below.
- Chocolate cake with Chocolate Mousse (An easy recipe would be to mix chocolate pudding mix with whipped cream. You can add thinly sliced fruits such as bananas or strawberries.)
- Spice Cake Mix -toss a few tablespoons of pumpkin puree in with your basic cheesecake recipe, sprinkle the top with walnuts or pecans and maybe a little melted caramel for a great Fall cheesecake.
- Vanilla or butter cake mix-add vanilla pudding with layers of "Nilla" wafers and a no-bake cheesecake mix. Spread a chocolate ganache over the top! (Ganache-Heat 1 cup of cream with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave oven for 2 minutes. Stir and cool until thick and pourable. Spread over top layer of cheesecake and chill in fridge until ready to serve.)
- Carrot Cake mix- vanilla pudding with some layers of thin ginger snap cookies. You can even make your favorite cream cheese frosting and use that as a layer or two.
- Lemon Cake Mix- I tried this with three layers cake, chocolate ganache and whipped cream. It was an amazing cake! The top layer was jarred lemon curd with dollops of whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate.. to die for!
- Butter cake mix- Make a tiramisu! Make 3 layers of cake mix, sprinkle each layer lightly with RUM and Coffee, layer in some marscapone cheese (mix with some sugar first), add whipped cream and keep layering. Spread whipped cream over the top. Sprinkle some chopped chocolate covered coffee beans or shredded or cocoa powder on top! --------- Try thinly sliced peaches between layers of whipped cream and cake------Drained and crushed pineapple between layers of lemon curd that has been mixed with whipped cream-------Fresh blueberries lightly sprinkled with granulated sugar between layers of whipped cream and crushed vanilla cookies or lemon cookies--------Try layers of whipped cream, milk chocolate pudding, sprinkling with chocolate chips and walnuts...
- YES,. you can use your springform pan and make more than one layer of the cake mix. If you do this, I highly advise using the parchment paper as its easy to move your layers while they are hot, cooling and cooled without the cake breaking into pieces!
- Being CREATIVE in the kitchen really makes cooking more fun!
- ***A great and easy recipe for a NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE MIX
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Mix all of the ingredients together use as desired.
- You can add 1/2 cups of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips to make this a chocolate filling. You might want to use the lemon if you like the a lemon and chocolate flavor. If you don't, leave out the lemon juice.
- The picture is a Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake that I quickly put together as a treat for a friend's birthday. I must thank Ahmed for his mousse cake with gelatin for the idea. I left the chocolate crumbs on the knife and cake pan bottom so you could see how moist a cake crust will be.
- * IF YOU MAKE A LAYERED CHEESECAKE, IT SHOULD BE REFRIGERATED FOR A FEW HOURS BEFORE SERVING OR MAKE IT A DAY AHEAD OF ANY EVENT. *
- If you come up with any great combinations using this cake mix batter idea, please let me know!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
Quick N Easy121 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Cooking With Kids276 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Newbie Foodies98 members
Christmas All Year181 members
Anything Goes286 members
Chocoholics Anonymous153 members
Family Favorites138 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members