Coconut BarsFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 1 cup + 2 TBLS unsifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond 2 sides of pan.
- LIghtly coat with cooking spray.
- In small bowl mix flour baking soda and salt.
- In another small bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Stir in all but 3 TBS of the coconut; stir in mini chips and almonds.
- Spread in prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake 30-32 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached
- Let cool completely in pan or rack.
- Lift by foil ends, transfer to cutting board.
- Cut into 16 squares.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
hummm these sound tasty...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I went to bookmark these, and guess what- already bookmarked, guess it's time to make theminvisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!