Oven Fried Catfish That Tastes Like Real FriedFrom chefjeb 9 years ago
How to make it
- Season cornmeal with granulaed garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fish should be slightly damp, but not wet.
- Dredge fish in cornmeal and press meal into fish.
- Place on greased wire rack and place on baking pan
- Bake at 375 until golden brown and fish flakes, about 20 minutes.
- Note: The recipe for real Fried Catish is posted on my page. This recipe was requested by a cooking friend who does not eat fried foods. Enjoy!
- Note: Farm-raised catfish has a white, mild and delicate flavor due to the fact that it is raised in special ponds and fed a diet of grains. The entire pond is netted and kept alive until processing time. From live to frozen fillets takes just minutes. Thus, no fishy taste.
People Who Like This Dish 45
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating12 people
I made this and it is delicious. I couldn't tell that it wasn't real fried. Thanks!ramlynrose in Pearl loved it
The fish turn out very good didn't miss the grease. Made oven fries to go with. Thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Thanks Chef, I need a healthier alternative to one of my summer favorites!angelinaw in St Louis loved it