Homemade Restaurant PastaFrom 10gallonhat 6 years ago
How to make it
- Mound the flour on your countertop.
- Make a well in the center add add the salt.
- Break in the first egg and gently beat it with a fork until it thickens with some of the surrounding flour.
- Repeat this process with the other two eggs.
- Gather the mixture in a ball.
- Lightly flour a work surface and knead until the dough is smooth, only about two minutes. (Don' t overwork the dough!).
- Wrap the dough tightly in saran wrap to keep moist when not using.
- To make pasta -
- Cut dough into 6 pieces working each individually.
- If you have a pasta machine - follow the directions to make the dough as thin as needed and cut into shape preferred.
- If you don't have a pasta machine - you ahve to roll the dough out with a pin until it is as thin as you can possibly make it. (This takes some elbow grease!). Cut the dough with a pizza or pastry cutter to the shape you want.
- Boil in salted water for about 3 minutes OR allow it to dry completely and store for later.