Banana Coffee Cake with Chocolate Chip StreuselFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounce) shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 large) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square
- baking pan.
- Stir chocolate chips, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl until well blended; set streusel aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar, room temperature butter and egg in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in mashed bananas and buttermilk. Add dry ingredients and blend well.
- Spread half of batter (about 2 cups) in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with half of streusel. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake coffee cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean,
- about 45 minutes. Cool coffee cake in pan on rack.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
I love the combination of the ingredients!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sure sounds good to me!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it