Cranberry-Glazed Cocktail MeatballsFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- olive oil, for oiling baking tray and brushing meatballs shopping list
- 3/4lb ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- One 1-inch thick slice French bread, crusts removed, shopping list
- soaked in water and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1/2 tsp 5-spice powder shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten to mix shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- ======================= shopping list
- Cranberry Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp chili paste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned jellied cranberry sauce shopping list
- 4 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp oyster sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and brush a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl combine pork, parsley, garlic, soaked bread, 5-spice powder, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash together with hands to mix well.
- With wet hands, roll the mixture into 24 equal balls, about 1-inch each.
- Place meatballs on greased baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake meatballs 15 minutes and flip them over (you may need to use a metal spatula to unstick meatballs from pan).
- Turn on broiler and continue cooking meatballs for 5 to 10 minutes or until crispy and cooked to desired doneness.
- To make the cranberry glaze, heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Whisk in chili paste, sesame oil, cranberry sauce, soy sauce, honey and oyster sauce.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour glaze over meatballs and toss to coat.
- Skewer meatballs on a cocktail pick or toothpick and place on a platter.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 24 meatballs, serves 6
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating9 people
love the ingredients thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
oooh this sounds wonderful, thanks!dextergirl in Murrieta loved it
These do sound good !! Thanks :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!