French Silk Chocolate PieFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- Part 1: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3 one ounce squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- Part 2: shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Grated chocolate for garnish shopping list
- 1 deep-dish pie crust, regular or graham cracker shopping list
How to make it
- Part 1:
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl over hot water. Do not let the chocolate become hard.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter at medium to high speed about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Continue to beat until light and fluffy about 4 minutes.
- Scrape bowl often.
- It must be mixed long enough so it is not gritty.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture, beating on medium speed until the chocolate is blended and mixture is smooth.
- At medium speed add eggs one at a time, beating after each one before adding the next egg.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- Spread into pie crust (regular or graham cracker).
- Part 2:
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream until it is light and fluffy and looks like soft whipped cream. Do NOT let it get to butter stage.
- Add powdered sugar and and vanilla and beat until fluffy and stiff. Do not overbeat.
- Put whipped cream into a piping bag and use a large star tip to decorate the pie (or spoon the cream on to the pie).
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
- Refrigerate pie and any leftovers.
- Makes one 9 inch pie.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating8 people
I love these kath it is such a creamy pie ........delish......a 10 for this one .............minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Just what I was looking for! Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I can assure you there's no competition to how beautifully your pie is decorated coming from me. I'll go with spooning the whipped cream on top and adorning generously with ...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
Lovely recipe Tip!! Thanks and a ^ ^ ^ ^ ^5! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!