Low Fat Chocolate PieFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbsp cocoa shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch + 1 tsp shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- In saucepan mix together well the above ingredients. shopping list
- Gradually add over medium heat: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk mixed with shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk shopping list
- Stir constantly for 15 - 30 minutes until mixture boils. shopping list
- When it reaches a boil let it boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Once boiled, add 1/2 ofthis mixture into a bowl that has: shopping list
- 3 egg beaters (lightly beaten) shopping list
- Stir mixture and add back to contents in saucepan . shopping list
- Return to heat. shopping list
- Boil for an additional minute then remove from heat and add: shopping list
- 1/2 T vanilla shopping list
- Mix well. shopping list
How to make it
- Pour into prepared pie crust of your choice (graham cracker crust made with low fat margarine or a regular pie crust) .
- Place a sheet of waxed paper firmly over top of the hot filling to prevent the top from cracking.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 48 hours.
- Serve with low calorie dessert topping and sprinkle with a dusting of cocoa powder.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating4 people
I can imagine it would taste rich - probably because of the evaporated milk. Great recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Thanks, Kath, I will make this one soon. There are not many people whose recipes I take trust in this fully... beyond Maida Heatter. You are hence in exalted company!!!borinda in SoCal loved it
the only thing I would change is the serving size.....ONE! loljett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!