One Crust Apple Custard PieFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 single pie pastry for 9 inch pie tin ( I used aluminum since I will give to a friend and don't worry about getting my tin back ! ) shopping list
- 4 large apples peeled and sliced for pie shopping list
- 1 cup sugar ( Splenda for baking works great here too ) shopping list
- 1 cup half and half ( whole milk for less rich pie ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, slice apples and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over apples and mix well.
- Place apples in your pastry lined pie tin ( prick bottom of pastry with fork ).
- Sprinkle on evenly the leftover flour mix that you mixed in with apples .
- Dot with some butter.
- Pour on the half and half.
- Bake middle oven rack about 45 minutes or until apples are tend erand custard appears set.
- Try not to overbake pie or custard could ge overdone
- Use foil or a pie crust shield to prevent over browning of crust edges.
- Cool completely on rack
- Chill well and serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
oh my!herby in Albany loved it
Wonderful looking pie! Got my 5jett2whit in Union City loved it
Lovely recipe, and thank you! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it