One Crust Apple Custard PieFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 single pie pastry for 9 inch pie tin ( I used aluminum since I will give to a friend and don't worry about getting my tin back ! ) shopping list
- 4 large apples peeled and sliced for pie shopping list
- 1 cup sugar ( Splenda for baking works great here too ) shopping list
- 1 cup half and half ( whole milk for less rich pie ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, slice apples and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour over apples and mix well.
- Place apples in your pastry lined pie tin ( prick bottom of pastry with fork ).
- Sprinkle on evenly the leftover flour mix that you mixed in with apples .
- Dot with some butter.
- Pour on the half and half.
- Bake middle oven rack about 45 minutes or until apples are tend erand custard appears set.
- Try not to overbake pie or custard could ge overdone
- Use foil or a pie crust shield to prevent over browning of crust edges.
- Cool completely on rack
- Chill well and serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Lovely recipe, and thank you! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Wonderful looking pie! Got my 5jett2whit in Union City loved it
oh my!herby in Albany loved it