Goat Cheese Sandwiches With Roasted Peppers N Onion JamFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons currants shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 16- to 20-inch-long baguette shopping list
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese, preferably reduced-fat shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olivada (black olive spread) shopping list
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves shopping list
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: The onion jam (Step 1) can be prepared ahead and refrigerated for up to 4 days. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until they are very tender and light golden, 15 to 20 minutes. (Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if they are browning too quickly.) Remove from the heat and stir in vinegar, currants, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Slice the baguette into 4 equal lengths. Split each piece horizontally. Spread the bottoms with goat cheese and the tops with olivada. Spoon the onion jam over the goat cheese, spreading evenly. Top with the roasted peppers and arugula. Set the bread tops on the sandwiches.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
Hey JoyMarie sweetie! Thanks for the super delicious sammie you've offered here. Wow, I love everything about it - and that jam makes my heart beat faster. Thanks so much - and a ^5 to you! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
This sandwich looks amazing! I wish I had all the ingredients in my kitchen because it would be lunch for hubby and moi. Thanks so much for a great 5 fork gourmet winner.chacha in New York loved it
Oh, so delicious and impressive! is olivada like a tapenade?elgab89 in Toronto loved it