French Toast The Right WayFrom gindot 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Put eggs, half and half, vanilla and salt into a large bowl and whisk together to make a custard like mixture.
- Put slices of bread in mixture, coating each piece and letting them sit in the bowl until all the custard in absorbed (about 5 minutes)
- Add some butter to a skillet on medium high heat and brown all 6 pieces of toast.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to a baking sheet
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until crispy
- Drizzle with maple syrup (no need for powdered sugar)
The Cookgindot Temecula, CA
The Rating10 people
Baking them is a great step I will add when making my next batch of French toast.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Same here, always fried. Will try baking next time and will let you know how it turns out. I like the idea that its crispy. Thanks for the post :0)jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
Excellent! I love the taste of french toast but rarely make it because it does go soggy. Definitely trying this! ^^5! :)
*runs off to let some bread sit out!*madmommy in Wayne loved it