Pineapple Rum CakeFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups butter shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup rum shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely cut canned or fresh pineapple shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut shopping list
- .................................................... shopping list
- 1/4 cup rum shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 6-cup Bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until well blended scraping bowl often. Then beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and rum. Add liquids and flour alternately to batter, blending well after each addition. Gently stir in pineapple and coconut. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until cake begins to pull from the sides of the pan and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and while still in the pan, pour 1/4 cup rum over the cake and seal quickly with foil to prevent evaporation. Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes, then turn out, invert and let cool completely right side up.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
omg !!!! PEETA THESE ARE ALL GOOD ONES YEAH!!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
YUM doesn't do it justice! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Oh my, this sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing. 5 forkshenrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!