Halloween Poke CakeFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O orange flavor gelatin shopping list
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. yellow food coloring shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. red food coloring shopping list
- Halloween sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin in small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cold water; stir. Carefully pour over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- TINT whipped topping orange with food coloring; spread onto top of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Decorate with sprinkles. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- Great Substitute:
- If orange food coloring is available, use that instead of the yellow and red food colorings. Add enough drops of food coloring until frosting is of desired shade.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating6 people
This is a fun cake and so good!jett2whit in Union City loved it
How cute & it sure sounds good! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
Dont you just love poke cakes you can take out all your frustrations on it poke!! poke!! poke !!!.........hahahahahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!