Pea Salad From British AncestryFrom lor 5 years ago
- 1 14 oz. can small English peas, drained shopping list
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped shopping list
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 - 3 sweet pickles, chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. white onion or scallion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 celery rib, chopped shopping list
- 2 slices old cheddar cheese or your favourite cheese, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- mayonnaise mixed with a splash of pickle juice shopping list
- Note: For a larger crowd this recipe is easily doubled or tripled. shopping list
How to make it
- Drain peas and pimentos.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add enough mayonnaise to hold ingredients together.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- If you don't like the addition of cheese it can easily be omitted.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
I love the sound of this salad & will be trying it out real soon. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
I love this! I've had it at resturants, but didn't know how they did it. Thanks.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
LOR..this is lovely..it is also just like
my English pea salad that I make all year and
especially in the SUMMER months.. It is delicious!
Thanks and I will do this one next!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it