Simple Souffled Macaroni And CheeseFrom grumblebee 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups scalded milk (hot) shopping list
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup cooked macaroni shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced pimento shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated onion shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pour milk over soft bread crumbs; add cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts.
- Add macaroni. Combine and add beaten egg yolks, pimento, parsley, onion, salt, and melted butter.Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and gently fold into mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake at 350 F until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes.