Sweet Southern Grape PieFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 2 refrigerated unbaked piecrusts shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons snipped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon ground sage shopping list
- 7 cups seedless red or black grapes, halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup port wine or red grape juice shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare Pastry for Double-Crust Pie. For filling, in a large bowl stir together brown sugar, flour, and sage; stir in grapes and port wine.
- Transfer the filling to the pastry-lined pie plate. Roll remaining dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut slits to allow steam to escape. Place pastry on the filling; trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Place pie on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine egg white and water. Brush top of pie with egg white mixture. Cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes; remove foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes more or until top of pastry is golden brown and filling bubbles through slits in crust. Remove from oven; cool at least 6 hours. Pie can be baked up to 24 hours ahead. Loosely cover and store at room temperature.