Make It Yourself-bread Machine Bread MixFrom keni 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine above ingredients in as many multiples as you'd like and keep in individual zip lock bags in the fridge.
- When ready to make bread, remove from fridge and place in bread machine, according to manufacturers order recommendation with the following:
- 1 1/4 cup room temperature water
- 2T oil or softened butter
- 2t yeast
- a squirt of fresh lemon, if available(optional)
- **also, you can add other ingredients to this like herbs, onion, garlic, cheese, cinnamon, raisins, etc, but increase water to about 1 1/3 cup. Also, this may take a time or two to get the water exact, depending on humidity for the day, and your altitude, just like all breads, but the rest of the ingredients SHOULD be the same.
- I suggest placing all your ingredients in your machine's "bowl" and preset your machine to wait for an hour or so before beginning cycle, to allow all ingredients to meet temperatures
- ALSO: just FTR--the lighter spot at the top of the loaf in the main photo is from where the bread literally rose so high it hit against the window in the machine! ;)
People Who Like This Dish 20
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- denisey Pittsburgh, PA
- kgarmany Nowhere, Us
- jasmilez Somewhere In The Land Of Enchantment, NM
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Daggi1 Nowhere, Us
- sallya2 Kent, GB
- rosiek Waterloo, CA
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- showmegirl Midwest, MO
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating5 people
Thanks for the recipes!!sallya2 in Kent loved it
Yes I agree premixing is the way to go. So often you're in a hurry. Thanks for the post.rosiek in Waterloo loved it
Just got brave enough to break out the bread machine, that has been sitting for years because the recipe book developed feet and walked away!!! LOL. I am lovin' it. Great idea, my friend!!! :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!