Coconut Coffee CakeFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 C. coconut shopping list
- 1/2 C. chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 C. sugar shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1/4 lb. butter (do not substitute) shopping list
- 1 C. sugar shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 1/2 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 2 C. flour (measure, then sift) shopping list
- 1 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a small bowl mix filling ingredients - coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts and sugar. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar; add eggs and beat well. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- In separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- Pour half of batter into prepared tube pan. Sprinkle half of filling in middle. Add rest of batter and spread evenly. Sprinkle rest of filling on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Remove cake from pan to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Yep, sounds very good, I have a Sour Cream Coffee cake I make that is very good, you have the added filling ingredients different from mine. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
great coffe cake thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmmmmmmm. I'll bring the coffee, if you make this cake!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!