Coffee Meringue Cream PieFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup coffee, brewed strong shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 baked 9" pastry shell - even graham cracker crust is fine too shopping list
- Meringue Topping: shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Buy your favorite pie crust or bake one.
- Brew coffee.
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour, salt, and sugar; add brewed coffee and milk.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Separate eggs.
- Set aside the whites for the meringue.
- Beat the egg yolks until a golden yellow in a large heat-proof bowl.
- Stir the hot mixture slowly and carefully into bowl of beaten egg yolks and blend, then return to the saucepan.
- Cook just 2 minutes longer.
- Add the butter then allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour into pastry shell and make the meringue.
- In a clean metal or glass bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Spoon meringue onto pie, spreading to crust edge to seal filling in.
- Bake at 325°F. for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Being a coffee-holic myself, I LOVE coffee in any way, shape or form! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
now this sounds yummy. I love coffee!herby in Albany loved it