Stove Top Apple PieFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
- About 4-5 apples, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 pie crust - pre-made (graham cracker or vanilla wafer) shopping list
- butter to coat apples shopping list
- sugar - to taste plus a tiny bit for sweetness shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- Crushed vanilla wafers OR graham crackers (for topping) shopping list
How to make it
- Place your butter in a frying pan over medium heat and allow to melt.
- Put apples in pan.
- Add sugar, a little water and cinnamon.
- Stir occasionally .
- After a few minutes the apples should start reducing and releasing juice..
- Continue to stir until the liquid starts to caramelize (light brown in color)..
- If you think your filling is too runny mix a bit of cornstarch in a little bit of water then mix into the pan.
- If you don't have cornstarch, try flour. This will thicken up the mixture.
- Start scooping your filling into pre-made crust and be sure to pack it in well.
- Top with the crushed graham cracker (or other cookie) and gently tap with the bottom end of a spoon.
- You can refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving, if you want.
- Serve with ice cream.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating5 people
yummmmmm kath sounds great and simple ..........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love this!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Great idea! Thanks. Hope all is well with you!pleclare in Framingham loved it