Black and White Tunnel CakeFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided shopping list
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Beat 2 pkg. cream cheese, the granulated sugar, egg and 1 tsp. of the vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; set aside.
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on pkg.; pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in ring around center of cake batter; cover with remaining cake batter.
- BAKE 45 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 min. Loosen cake from side of pan; invert onto serving platter. Cool completely.
- BEAT remaining 1 tsp. vanilla, the powdered sugar, 2 oz. cream cheese and the milk with wire whisk until well blended. Drizzle over cake. Let stand until set.
- If you want to make cupcakes instead, line 24 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake batter and cream cheese mixture as directed. Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into each cup; top with 1 Tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture and an additional 1/4 cup cake batter.
- Bake 20 to 22 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min.
- Remove from pans.
- Makes 24 servings
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating9 people
Great recipe! High 5!dmajor in Slidell loved it
looks great......angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
I love these types of cakes....thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!