Rustic Tortellini SoupFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links(4oz ea) casings removed shopping list
- 1 med. onion,chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 2 cans(141/2 oz.each) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can(141/2 oz) diced tomatoes,undrained shopping list
- 1 pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini(9 oz) shopping list
- 1 pkg(6oz) fresh baby spinach,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 21/4tsp minced fresh basil or 3/4tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/4tsp pepper shopping list
- dash crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- shreaded parmesan(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble sausage into dutch oven;add onion. Cook and stir over med. heat till meat is no longer pink. Add garlic;cook and stir 2 mins longer. Add the broth,water and tomatoes. Bring to boil.
- Stir in tortellini;return to a boil. Reduce heat;simmer,uncovered for 5-8 mins. till tortellini are tender,stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach,basil,pepper and pepper flakes;cook 2-3 mins longer or until spinach is wilted, Serve with cheese,if desired.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
oh, hearty meal that is incredibly healthy!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Oh yummmmmmm Pleclare. This is a "5" fork winner for sure. I absolute can't wait to make it so it looks like I'll be doing a grocery shopping today ;)lor in Toronto loved it
Lovin' this one too! It's about to get time for stuff like this!! Saving this one to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it