Chef Garretts Venetian ChickenFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 4 (5 oz) chicken breasts (marinated in Italian dressing or oil/vinegar overnight) shopping list
- 4 cups penne or rotini pasta (cooked 'al dente') shopping list
- 2 T. Sun Dried tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup pancetta (Italian Belly bacon) or any good lightly smoked thick-sliced bacon shopping list
- 1 bag (10 oz) baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 cup sliced medium mushrooms shopping list
- 1 clove garlic - crushed shopping list
- 3 T. EV olive oil shopping list
- S&P to Taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mozzerela - diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley - minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup Heavy Creram shopping list
How to make it
- Wipe excess dressing from breasts, pat dry, season with S&P, Grill until ALMOST done - set aside.
- Render bacon in pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan.
- Reserve bacon fat for further use.
- Saute mushrooms in bacon fat until golden (add more olive oil to pan if nessesary)
- Add garlic, cook gently 30 seconds.
- Add tomato and chicken stock.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add spinach and cream.
- Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add Pasta and Fresh Mozzerella, stir well. Season with S&P.
- In separate bowl mix Parmesan, breadcrumbs, oil and parsley together.
- Add Basil to pasta pan, remove from heat,
- Top with Parm/Breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 6 minutes, remove fron oven place breasts in decorative fashion around pan.
- Finish in oven another 5 minutes - until chicken is warmed through and top is golden brown and crunchy.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
Awesome recipe! High 5! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
another great recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks super! High 5~~~pleclare in Framingham loved it